Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kirlian Photography


Since Reiki is about energy, and my practice is to be aware of what energy I am both receiving a projecting, I dug out the Kirlian Photo I had taken a little over a year ago to use as a touchstone.

The day this photo was taken I was in the middle of a trip to Oregon where I was facilitating a couple of VisionBoard workshops. Whenever I travel I make it a point to visit the local botanical garden and a new age shop. Both places never fail to recharge me when I'm in unfamiliar territory.

On a whim I decided to have this photo taken. When I was shown the photo I had no idea what it meant, yet I felt a surge of knowing it was an accurate gauge of where I was energetically that day.

As I was checking out, the clerk told me he wanted to gift me with a crystal. As he placed it in my hands he told me it was a double terminated Tibetan smoky quartz which helps with our ability to give and receive Divine Energy.

I was stunned silent. Here was this person I'd never seen before gifting me with this huge crystal that emanated this wonderful energy? Once I recovered my composure I thanked him profusely. He did not reference the photo at all, yet as I was reading the interpretation in my car a few moments later I felt it was his way of supporting my path.

I realize there is lots of debate around Kirlian Photography. What I know for sure is we can find "proof" for whatever "truth" we choose to align with. That's one of the best things about being alive!

As for me? I want to enjoy being alive. So I purposely look for reasons to do so. This picture helps me to stay connected to what I want.

No comments: